Multifamily Houses

Multi-family home – definition and facts

Nowadays, there are many ways to realize your own ideas and how to live. While some people prefer a single house, others choose to live in a multi-family house. This also includes semi-detached houses, two-family houses or semi-detached houses. These houses all have one thing in common: they include different apartments spread over several floors, which share the same stairwell and the same entrance. Although many Swiss people have fulfilled their dream of owning a house in recent years, the share of multifamily houses in the construction market has remained stable. According to the Federal Statistical Office, 26.4% of the buildings were classified as multi-family houses. This figure only increased by 0,

Which house is right for me?
Whether your dream apartment is located in a multifamily house with six or eight apartments, or in a smaller object such as a two-apartment house, depends on your personal needs. Proximity to the workplace or access by public transport can have a great influence on the search radius. Another factor not to be underestimated is the financial situation. The location and location of the apartment can represent several hundred francs difference in monthly rent for a rental property with identical equipment in the center of Zurich or in a suburb of this city. As a general rule, about a third of the maximum income should be spent on rent.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN-0XfDOUg55H7fCqUJQlmg

Multifamily house
Living in a terraced house
Living in a multi-family home is by far the most common form of life in Switzerland. Living in a multi-family house has various advantages for families: in urban areas, it makes more efficient use of limited space for the construction of buildings. Proximity with other family members or relatives opens up many possibilities for joint activities. There are house rules for dealing with other residents. Normally it deals with all questions regarding noise, cleanliness, washing, but it also contains information on safety etc. Of course, despite all consideration for the neighbors, conflicts can arise. In this case, it is important to seek direct dialogue.

Loads of a multi-family house
The charges of a multi-family house are either recorded by meters in the apartment or distributed by means of a key. A distinction is made between neutral costs and those that depend on consumption. Neutral costs, such as the janitor’s salary, which is independent of the size of the apartment, are evenly distributed over the number of apartments. In order to ensure a fair distribution of the costs linked to consumption, it is preferable to use a distribution per square meter or per cubic meter of each apartment.

The charges invoiced in Switzerland include the following:

Heater
Cold and hot domestic water
Concierge
Cleaning the stairwell
Works in the garden and the surroundings
Snow Removal
Wastewater and waste disposal taxes
If the owner wants to make repairs or investments, the tenant does not need to participate.

Multifamily house as an investment object?
This question cannot be answered generally. One fact is that building plots in Switzerland are becoming increasingly scarce and prices are rising. The result is a denser construction which, in the form of a multi-family house, allows more efficient operation of an existing plot. However, the prices and therefore also the return on investment depend above all on the location, the quality of the building and many other factors. As a result, buying a multi-family home as an investment item has become much more attractive in recent years.

Compared to a detached house, it is more profitable financially to buy a multi-family house. This is largely explained by the lower risk of loss of rent, since rental income is spread over several apartments. This means that a lessor is better protected than if he rents a house which, in the worst case, remains vacant for a few months. The multi-family home is therefore a very popular investment object for retirement provision. However, there are also disadvantages when you buy a multi-family home, because the initial investment is high and rental income can be irregular, which could cause problems when repaying the loan.

Today, in addition to the possibility of contacting an architect, it is also possible to build a multifamily dwelling house in the form of a prefabricated house. To be able to finance such a project, at least 20% of the purchase price must be made up of own resources. Often, a combination of liquid assets, securities or funds from tied pension plans is used. The remaining 80% is normally covered by a mortgage from the bank of your choice. Use our mortgage calculator to calculate the expected monthly costs immediately and easily.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *